Currently, working as a Research Associate in Computational Science Center at Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY.
Previously, graduated with:
a PhD degree in Computer Science from Virginia Tech in 2010;
an MS degree in Computer Science from Univ. of New Mexico in 2005;
and a BE degree in Computer Engineering from Univ. of Pune in 2002.
Research Interests: High Performance Networking, Network Virtualization, Software Defined Networking, Optimization, Algorithms.
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Jia Liu, Y. Thomas Hou, Sastry Kompella, and Scott F. Midkiff, Network Coding in Cooperative Communications: Friend or Foe?, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), vol. 11, no. 7, pages 1073-1085, July 2012. [IEEEXplore]
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Y. Thomas Hou, Hanif D. Sherali, Sastry Kompella, and Scott F. Midkiff, Joint Flow Routing and Relay Node Assignment in Cooperative Multi-hop Networks, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 30, no. 2, pages 254-262, February 2012.[IEEEXplore]
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Y. Thomas Hou and Sastry Kompella, An Optimal Algorithm for Relay Node Assignment in Cooperative Ad Hoc Networks [pdf], IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), volume 19, issue 3, pages 879-892, June 2011.
- Sushant Sharma, Dimitrios Katramatos, Dantong Yu, and Li Shi, Design and Implementation of an Intelligent End-to-End Network QoS System, ACM/IEEE Supercomputing 2012
- Dimitrios Katramatos, Sushant Sharma, Dantong Yu, Virtual Network On Demand: Dedicating Network Resources to Distributed Scientific Workflows, DIDC Workshop, ACM HPDC 2012
- Sushant Sharma, Dimitrios Katramatos, and Dantong Yu, End-to-End Network QoS via Scheduling of Flexible Resource Reservation Requests [pdf], ACM/IEEE Supercomputing 2011
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Y. Thomas Hou, Sastry Kompella, and Scott F. Midkiff, Optimal Grouping and Matching for Network-Coded Cooperative Communications, IEEE MILCOM 2011
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Y. Thomas Hou, and Sastry Kompella, Achievable Rate Analysis in Network-Coded Cooperative Communications with Multiple Relay Nodes, IEEE ICC 2011
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Y. Thomas Hou, Hanif D. Sherali, and Sastry Kompella, Optimizing Network-Coded Cooperative Communications via Joint Session Grouping and Relay Node Selection [pdf], IEEE INFOCOM 2011
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Jia Liu, Y. Thomas Hou and Sastry Kompella, Is Network Coding Always Good for Cooperative Communications?, IEEE INFOCOM 2010 (Correct version that fixes a calculation mistake in results).
- Sushant Sharma, Yi Shi, Y. Thomas Hou, Hanif D. Sherali, and Sastry Kompella, Cooperative Communications in Multi-hop Wireless Networks: Joint Flow Routing and Relay node Assignment [pdf], IEEE INFOCOM 2010
- Sushant Sharma, Donald W. Gillies, Wu-chun Feng, On the Goodput of TCP NewReno in Mobile Networks [pdf], ICCCN 2010
- Yi Shi, Sushant Sharma, Y. Thomas Hou and Sastry Kompella, Optimal Relay Assignment for Cooperative Communications [pdf][ACM Authorizer], ACM MobiHoc 2008
- Pallab Datta, Wu-chun Feng and Sushant Sharma, End-System Aware, Rate-Adaptive Protocol for Network Transport in LambdaGrid Environments [pdf] [ACM Authorizer], ACM/IEEE Supercomputing 2006 (SC 06)
- Pallab Datta, Sushant Sharma and Wu-chun Feng, Feedback Mechanism for Network Scheduling in LambdaGrids [pdf], IEEE CCGrid 2006
- Sushant Sharma, Chung-Hsing Hsu and Wu-chun Feng, Making a Case for a Green500 List [pdf], HP-PAC Workshop, IEEE IPDPS 2006
- Sushant Sharma, Patrick G. Bridges and Arthur B. Maccabe, A Framework for Analyzing Linux System Overheads on HPC Applications [pdf], LACSI Symposium 2005
- Sushant Sharma, Cooperation in Wireless Networks, Ph.D. Thesis, Virginia Tech, December 2010
- Sushant Sharma, Per-Request Performance Monitoring Framework for the Linux Kernel, Master’s Thesis, University of New Mexico, July 2005